[A] What symptoms are you facing for typhoid fever?
[Q] I have Headache and fever, but commonly occurs at night, temperature not more than 101 degree and irritation in eyes plus tiredness and fatigue.
[A] And how many days do you have the fever for?
[Q] About 4 days with sputum in chest.
[A] How is your appetite? Do you have any appetite?
[Q] My appetite seems to be ok; I don’t have a problem there.
[A] Do you have constipation?
[Q] No constipation.
[A] It’s tough to diagnose this remotely. What exactly are you looking for? Do you want to know some home remedies for typhoid? Do you want to know about typhoid symptoms?
[A] You must most certainly follow your doctor’s advice and get your blood check up done to detect what the problem is – whether its typhoid fever or something else
[A] Here are some home remedies I can suggest – but use them only after you have consulted your doctor:
- Take a lot of rest
- Cold compress if your fever goes over 103
- Drink more water; even orange juice will be good as that will give you more energy
- Stick to easily digestible foods – liquid diet is good if you can tolerate it.
- Warm eater enema may also be administered for some people during typhoid fever.
Question: About a week ago I was suffering from constipation & stomach ache with occasional fever. Last 2 days, I have continuous fever of around 99-100 degree F. My widal test (not from reputed lab ) is +ve.
Answer: Since the Widal test has been done and the result has been positive, your diagnosis is typhoid. Diet and hygiene will play an important role in your treatment.
Here are a few home remedies for treating typhoid:
* Drink 2 tall glasses of warm milk to which Psyllium seeds have been added. Psyllium seeds help in the easy and smooth passage of stools and check constipation.
* To settle a disturbed stomach, drink 2 tender coconut water everyday. Coconut water is alkaline and rich in essential nutrients.
* To battle fatigue and exhaustion, eat 5 dates daily. Soak them overnight in water and eat the next day. Dates provide great strength and vigor.
* Stomach pain can be relieved by consuming a mixture of 1 spoon cumin seed powder and 1 spoon of powdered sugar.
* In order to manage fluctuating temperatures, drink raisin water. Raisins are an excellent tonic during fevers. Avoid popping anti-pyretics.
* Avoid foods which derange and upset the stomach. Stay away from spicy food, tea, coffee, aerated drinks, refined foods and alcohol.
* Increase your fluid intake to prevent typhoid.
* Take rest for a period of 1 week. Your body needs to recover and recuperate.
* Drink boiled and filtered water only.
* Wash hands and feet thoroughly.
* Always keep food in covered containers.
* Eat steaming hot food.
Question: I am suffering from high fever for about 25 days. Recently I have been diagnosed with typhoid. I was being treated for malaria. I have constant high fever which drops after I take Crocin. I have lost my appetite and feel so weak I cannot stand for more than 10 minutes at a stretch. My stomach pains after I take medicine or food. My physician has prescribed Ofloxacin tablet 400mg, twice a day and Efixime tablet U.S.P 200 mg.
Answer: Typhoid is an infectious disease, caused by a microbe salmonella typhii which is transmitted by feco-oral route. Nutritional correction is most critical for ensuring a lasting cure. Typhoid is notorious for becoming a chronic case, so it is of very important that you follow a judicious diet, healthy lifestyle and hygienic practices to prevent a relapse or a progression of the disease.
- Avoid popping too many anti-pyretics like crocin. Also, avoid treating yourself randomly without a definite diagnosis.
- Take adequate rest. Your body needs to recuperate.
- Drink only boiled water.
- Wash your hands and feet after you get home. Wash you hands clean before you eat.
- Always keep food in closed containers.
- Prefer hot food.
- In order to overcome fatigue, have raisins and dates daily. Soak them overnight in plain water and consume them the next day. They promote quick recovery and provide strength and vigor.
- Stomach pain can be relieved by consuming a mixture of 1 teaspoon cumin seed powder and 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Consume lot of fluids – fruit juices, soups, glucose water or coconut water will be helpful.
- Homoeopathy mixture, biochemic 28 is a very good tonic for the entire system, combating infection, stepping up the immunity and bringing about speedy cure for typhoid.
What was your experience with typhoid? What were your symptoms? How did you cure your typhoid? Share your experience to help our readers.
Blocked Nose And Colds In Babies – Causes And Treatment
There is usually a lot of discomfort and disruption to things like sleep and feeding.
Young babies naturally breathe through their noses, even when it is blocked.
Having a blocked nose makes it hard for your baby to feed well, and most parents notice their baby will wake more frequently with a cold.